Thursday 8 September 2016

Day 5 - Mama Mary's Birthday, Should I Really Give Her Everything?


To be totally honest, I look forward to starting my day with 33D2MG. Somehow I feel that by starting the day with pray and reflections, Mama Mary will take care of my day. I had the privilege of conducting the AYN Youth Night today. Funny story is that we almost canceled the youth night as our parish was having a fellowship after mass to celebrate Mama Mary's birthday. After some discussion with my youth leader Irene, we decided to go forth with the session after the fellowship. Now I'm one of those people that loves to prepare beforehand. You know that irritating person in class who always prints their notes for the whole semester and hands in their assignments before the due date? Yes that me, the most irritating species ever. But today I did not have anything prepared. And I hate winging things because I'm an introvert, I get stuck and tongue tied in front of people. So here I was preparing my session at 6pm when my session was starting at 7.30pm but I was so relaxed. I was just Google-ing pictures to add to my slide and chatting with my cousin who had followed me to church. Believe it or not I was done with my slides by 6.30pm and I was almost finished arranging my ice breaker- which involved a lot of chairs. I even managed to go for the fellowship at church to grab a bite before starting my session.

I'm not proud to say I did everything last minute nor am I encouraging last minute work but the point here is that Mama Mary will take care of things and you just need to trust her. I started my session with the rosary without even knowing about the pledging a rosary daily that my parish had started. The session went so smoothly and the testimonies were AMAZING! People just kept wanting to share about how the scriptures have helped them! The best part was the amount of people that came - I prepared for like 10+ people to come but almost 30 attended! I was like WOW MAMA MARY sent so many people for the session!

Now how does all this link back to today's reflections? I struggled to grasp yesterday's reflections. I just kept having this battle with my own thoughts of how I couldn't pray for the person I WANT to pray for. But then I realized I'm making it about me again. You know how when you hear an ambulance siren and you know someone in there is hurt or fighting for their life and you just say a prayer for them hoping they would be okay? That's what Mama Mary is going to do, give your prayers to the people who are in an "ambulance" in their life. When you think about it you don't even know that person that you prayed for in the ambulance right? But you still prayed for that unknown person. How much more would Mama Mary want to use our prayers for the people whom she knows need it?

The most generous person I know besides Mama Mary would be my grandmother. Ever since I could remember she always had time and money for me. I remember describing to her about my poop everyday on the phone before going to school. Like I would literally tell her everything as a kid cause she always had the time to listen while my mum did the chores. I didn't have any siblings so who else would I talk to right? She was never rich but whatever extra money she had she would give it to me as pocket money. Persona;;y I would say I give my time and money when I have it. I think time is really precious cause it is something you can never buy and in today's society everyone is so stingy with their time. Money on the other hand you can keep earning it so why be stingy? People worry so much about being sufficient without trusting that God will provide what you need not what you want.

One gift I would love to perfect would be my patience. Even today my friend Alistair was asking me like 101 questions and I was answering each one calmly then Fiona was like how you got the patience to answer all those questions? Ever since my Confirmation and getting more involved in church my patience sort of grew which I think sort of happened out of practice cause you deal with different characteristics of people in church. But the problem with my patience is I sometimes explode. It takes A LOT for me to explode but I still do and I do not like it. Hopefully as I journey on with the 33D2MG I will be able to overcome this with Mama Mary's help.

The Wedding Feast at Cana is the perfect example of what it would be like to consecrate ourselves to Mary. Even back then when Jesus was alive, the servants went to Mama Mary to inform that they had ran out of wine. They could have just gone straight to Jesus right? It's so beautiful to know that even back then people knew they had to go through Mama Mary to get to Jesus so what more us?

No comments:

Post a Comment