Tuesday 1 January 2019

Day 1 of 365 - Toxic Much

Happy New Year lovelies!

Starting off my New Year with ticking off one thing off my resolutions list which is to start writing again or in this case typing again. Blogging used to be my thing but I did not even try to find the time to blog for more than a year now. All will be explained in due time but for now lets just start off with something that really got me a bit fired up to start today's blog.

I started off today by going for mass this morning at Assumption and during the homily Fr. Richard mentioned the purification of memory. It was ultimately a beautiful homily for the new year. To understand the purification of memory I'll leave a link down here on what St. John Paul II said about it.

https://zenit.org/articles/peace-calls-for-purification-of-memory-john-paul-ii-says/

Now what could possibly have gotten me fired up to write from something like this? Well, every beginning of the new year we always address forgiveness, healing and moving on from the wrongs of the past year but no one addresses this - TOXIC PEOPLE. *ques Britney Spears - Toxic* Do you forgive them? Give them a second chance? What is the right thing to do?



You see I have encountered my fair share of people who use me - the kinda people that suck the life outta you. But then there are toxic people which honestly is a different ballgame altogether. The thing is there is no easy way to identify them, only after you have encountered them closely would you know that they are toxic. And I'm not gonna bother sitting here and try to define them or tell you how to know they are toxic. I just wanna share what I have learnt from my experience with toxic people - IT'S OKAY TO CUT THEM OUT OF YOUR LIFE COMPLETELY.



There I said it. Yes there is forgiveness and moving on but they do not have to be a part of your life anymore. I know to certain people it may sound cruel or does not seem like something nice to do but you have to put yourself first at times. How do you become better if you have someone dragging you down constantly?

Maybe your next question will be do I believe in second chances? Yes definitely. Truth be told I actually let a toxic person right back into my life thinking they had changed but they repeated exactly what they did to me before again. It hurt really bad honestly but I only came back stronger and wiser (:

But does this change my perspective of people? I would say not really. I am way more precautious with who I am close to now but I do not have preconsumptions that everyone is just out to ruin my life. One bad apple is not gonna ruin my whole basket of life.

Have I forgiven the person? Yes pretty much. It's not 100% because it is gonna take time. The hurt is deep and I am finding my way as I heal slowly. To be honest it gets so difficult at times when I think about it from a Catholic point of view because I know that Jesus would have died for only this person if He had to and I'm like why? This person does not deserve it but who am I to judge when I am no saint? Trust me it's a battle but I am always reminded that forgiveness is not about them but for me to be free.

As I end this post for today, I hope that every one of you reading this has an amazing year ahead without any toxic people in your life. Do more of what you love and rediscover yourself. If anyone has anymore questions on toxic people or what I should write about next, feel free to DM me on any of my social media accounts (:

Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment